1. Donate blood 6 times – That’s how many times a year I’m eligible to donate. I donated 3 times last year.
2. Read 50 books- I read 41 books this year but I’ve read 50 books before so I know it’s possible.
3. Write 3 blogs a week- There were times last year when I achieved that but there were also times when I went two weeks without writing one.
4. Get to bed by midnight- I have sleep problems and I hate feeling tired all the time. I resorted to sleep hypnosis last night. I think I finally fell asleep around 3.
5. See a nutritionist- I was going to say eat healthier but first I need to know what healthy eating is. I did try a health challenge last year but I dropped out, mostly because I hated all the restrictions on bread products.
6. Exercise for 30 minutes each day-This will be hard because I hate going out in the cold but luckily I have a gym across the street from me.
7. Clean up after myself- I’m a total slob and the people who have to live with me do not appreciate it.
8. Don’t argue with idiots- It’s tempting but it’s ultimately not worth the time and energy. Shortly before midnight on New Years Eve I got a nasty Facebook message from a woman who was angry that I put claw caps on my cat to prevent him from destroying the furniture. It was not the kind of message I wanted to end the year with but it did give me a chance to put my resolution in to practice. I blocked that idiot.
9. Connect with new friends/reconnect with old friends-Shortly after midnight I got another Facebook message that allowed me to put one of my resolutions in to practice. This message was much nicer. It was from an old friend I hadn’t spoken to in a while and we had a lovely conversation.
10. Go back to college- It remains to be seen if I applied in time for the spring semester but I’ll try for the summer or fall semester. It’s time to finally finish what I started.