*This is my own personal version of my last Facebook status, which I cut and pasted from someone else. I decided to try to give answers that related to Trump and to the questions being asked.*
Why not take a break from negativity and learn about each other? 😃
- Who are you named after? I was named after Kira Agrounova, the main character in We The Living by Ayn Rand. Kira lived under a totalitarian government in Russia that she refused to obey or give in to.Our current president has dangerous liasons with Russia and is trying to institute a totalitarian regime in this country. Be like Kira and resist.
- Last time you cried?
There has been so much to cry over since Trump became president. The Muslim travel ban and the attacks on mosques for starters. Contrary to what Trump thinks, the tears that have been shed over that are very real.
- Soda or water?
If my friend prefers soda while I prefer water that is a simple difference of opinion that does not harm anyone and our friendship will not be affected. If my friend voted for Trump while I voted for Hillary, my friend has given power to a dangerous tyrant who will harm me and the people I care about. Therefore, I feel betrayed by my friend who endorses something I find abhorrent and our differences may be irreconcilable.
- What is your favorite lunch meat? Donald Trump and his administration are full of baloney.
- Longest relationship?
Has Trump only been president for 12 days now? It feels like it’s been much longer.This relationship isn’t working. We need to end it.
- Do you still have your tonsils?
Do I still have my freedom? Do I still have my constitutional rights? Will I still have them if Trump gets his way?
- Would you bungee jump? Bungee jumping scares me a lot less than Trump does.
- How many years at current job? Trump is not going to create a bunch of new jobs. Immigrants are not taking your jobs. Starbucks did a good thing by pledging to offer jobs to refugees.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
If you don’t understand why a Trump presidency is so awful because it’s not directly threatening you right now, try putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Roller coasters?
The 2016 election was one hell of a roller coaster ride and the next four years are sure to be a roller coaster as well. Unfortunately there have been more lows than highs and it’s been more terrifying than thrilling.
- Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry’s Impeach Mint ice cream.
- Favorite thing to do?
Speak out against Trump, although I wish I didn’t have to.
- Football or baseball?
Being president is not a sport, it’s not a game and it’s not a fucking reality show contest.
- Leggings or jeans?
I’m a member of Pantsuit Nation. Hillary should be our president right now.
- What are you listening to?
To my heart, to the news sources that are reliable and to the people who know what they’re talking about. If more people had listened to those things, maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.
- Favorite color? Not orange, that’s for sure!
- Tattoos? Those Holocaust survivors with tattoos from the concentration camps are experiencing trauma and flashbacks because they see the similarities between Trump and Hitler.
LGBTQ people recently won the much deserved right to marry. Now the Trump administration is threatening to infringe on their rights and enable discrimination against them.
- Hair color?
I have no idea what’s going on with Trump’s hair but that’s the very least of my concerns.
- Eye color?
Imagine how America looks in the eyes of the world with Trump as our president.
- Favorite food to eat?
Wouldn’t it be nice if Trump was using 14 billion dollars to feed the hungry instead of building a useless wall?
- Scary movies or happy endings?
It feels like we’re living in a scary movie right now. I can only hope for a happy ending but at this point I’m afraid I’ll have to settle for an ending where we don’t all die.
- Android or iPhone?
Get on the phone and call your representatives to tell them how you feel and what you want done.
- Chevy, Ford or Buick?
All better presidents than Trump.
- Favorite holiday?
Trump tried to make his inauguration day a holiday. It should be a day of mourning.
- Beer or wine?
I don’t drink but sometimes I feel like I need to get drunk to cope with the world now. Other times I wonder how anyone who wasn’t very, very drunk could have possibly thought voting for Trump was a good idea.
- Night owl or morning?
I don’t know how Trump sleeps at night. I’m up all night worrying about the future of this country and about what new horrors will greet me in the morning.
- Favorite day of the week?
Normally Friday is my favorite day of the week but you know which Friday I did not thank god for? Friday, January 20th, 2017. That day was unluckier than all the Friday the 13ths combined.